Do we need an Elevator Pitch, if so, what should it be?

Peter Foxley

During Tuesday’s Gemini call, the above was raised to help promote awareness of the CDBB Digital Twin programme with developers and the alike. This struck me as a pretty good idea.. So based on the Gemini Principles and my understanding of the IMF pathways document, the below is a draft suggestion for the pot, to provoke the thoughts and ideas of the community:

The IMF is rooted in the Gemini Principles; a collaborative top-down approach, driven by bottom-up integrated processes, embracing holistic systems thinking and pragmatic ontology, enabled by secured digital platforms, to derive better delivery and asset lifecycle outcomes.

Its key value proposition is that it enables the story of an asset, infrastructure system or system of systems, registering its trigger events and the evidence-, risk-based decisions-making, from cradle-to-grave, the digital golden thread generating future benefits.

• Like 6

I was just writing an elevator pitch for information management which I'm still crafting. I, being me, went online to find some interesting guidance on this. 

Is it intended as a script? Is it something that you tell someone in an actual elevator, or around a table at a board meeting?

My focus has been on being brief, using language the listener understands, addressing a need and providing clear measurable benefit.

I think we definitely need an elevator pitch - it can be used as a strap-line on releases and a way to introduce new people to the concept. Those who have risen through the levels don't need the elevator pitch!
Something like(?): "A Digital Twin is a software model of a real-world entity that can be used to explore the performance of the real-world 'twin' at any stage of its lifecycle." 

On 08/06/2021 at 21:42, HenryFT said:

I was just writing an elevator pitch for information management which I'm still crafting. I, being me, went online to find some interesting guidance on this. 

Is it intended as a script? Is it something that you tell someone in an actual elevator, or around a table at a board meeting?

My focus has been on being brief, using language the listener understands, addressing a need and providing clear measurable benefit.

Given #HenryFT has the task of crafting the Information Management Elevator Pitch (EP), i thought it worth sharing a promotional slide see link _ https://mgbil.box.com/s/6x4jeykyxfwcrxjinco6kmxw4jf7ixjb , which attempts to succinctly describe what we are about, what we do and benefits etc... relating to our strap-line: Asset Lifecycle Information Management (ALIM) according to ISO 19650.