Estates Managment

I’m just wondering if anyone has any examples of good estates management tools/systems which are not one of the big firms, Trimble, MRI... to name 2 off of the top of my head.

Are there any small to medium sized options/vendors which cover rent/payments in & out, deeds/responsibilities, IRF16, areas, blocks, sites, etc., etc.?

Or is it, buy big or do it yourself?

Tom Hughes

I'm sure other members of the community will have further examples, but if you haven't already seen it you might want to look at the University of Coventry case study that was published by @Hadeel Saadoon. The case study may not cover everything that you are looking for but it does document experiences of implementing a digital twins from an estates perspective.     

Thank you Tom.  It' proving to be a bit of a sticking point for us.  A lot of the focus tends to be about building and assest within during delivery but we would like to ust know what we're responsible for first.  I'll check out the case study.

Andy Parnell-Hopkinson

Paul, in my limited experience there are many, many suppliers of point tools for doing parts of asset capture and management but I'm yet to see a genuine one-stop-shop solution. Besides, your requirements are unlikely to be precisely the same as the next asset owner, meaning either compromise or customisation.

If you already have parts of the solution and need to fill the gaps and close the loop there are also, ahem, some excellent service providers out there who can help... 🙂

Thank you Andy,  I think you've summised my frustration rather well.  We're not as unique as one might think; if you think about doc control and project management software and the uniqueness they have to manage but still manage to be flexible or we find there is a strong range of offerings.  There are a lot of mid sized companies who need something, not just retailers, and the core of what we all do is very similar but we all have to compromise and customise because we're not the big fish.

However, together we are quite a big fish and that's part of my point.  If we are seen on mass there is value here, it's just the initial uplift required by a company to make it worth while going after.

If / when we go to tender I'm sure we will make everyone aware.

• Thanks 1